Saturday, October 23, 2004

Freedom from Tickler

I know it's dangerous to go taking a hiatus at this embryonic stage in FT's development -- the blogosphere is so unforgiving -- but I in a phase of unprecedented activity at work.

FYI, I am preparing two major presentations, one on economic aspects of the Brazilian small-arms industry, one on factors that determine demand for firearms in the favelas of Rio de Janeiro, both for the directors of the Small Arms Survey, a Geneva outfit that is the world standard on small arms issues, who are arriving in Rio next Thursday.

At the same time, I am preparing a proposal for a Tides Foundation grant on Drug Policy Reform, which has to go out by November 1.

Not to mention planning for my birthday (I'll still be with the Small Arms Survey guys, ooh what fun). And trying to scrounge up enough heavy pharmaceuticals to keep me fully anaesthetized on Nov. 2 (ironically, a national holiday in Brazil).

So, dear readers (all 6 of you), I'll probably post more today and tomorrow, then be out until Halloween. Please be patient, and come back and see me on election day. With luck, I'll pass out on the keyboard and post something like this:

"This is bullshit... Kerry totally won Pennsyllllllbababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk"

Which, if Bush wins, will be about as meaningful a commentary as any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home